My current go to makeup routine is definitely a no fuss, quick and easy, lazy kind of makeup. As the mornings in the UK get colder, I find myself spending my getting ready time under blankets; resulting in having minimal time to look socially expectable.
NOTE: Having a proper night time beauty regime will save you lots of time in the morning when it comes to removing last nights makeup, puffy eyes and dehydrated skin.
Every morning while I’m doing my usual skincare routine, I’ll drink a few glasses of water and have my breakfast smoothie to stay hydrated and get the day going. Once my suncream has settled into my skin it’s coffee and makeup time!
- The Ordinary – Coverage Foundation shade 1.1N, this light weight formula offers great coverage while looking natural and smooth on the skin. I use this in the centre of my face and blend outwards to the hair line, evening out the skin tone just the right amount.
- Glossier Cloud Paint in shade ‘storm’. These are all the range at the moment and I’ve definitely jumped on the band wagon! The gel-cream formula blends into the skin seamlessly, creating a perfect flush. I use this over my cheek; blending up into the hairline and over the bridge of my nose. NOTE: I always use cream blush (and contour) before concealing.
- Nars – Radiant Creamy Concealer in ‘creme brûlée’. I’m a huge fan of this concealer, I always have quite dark circles and it never fails to make me look less zombie like. Used under the eyes, and around the nose.
- Charlotte Tilbury – Hollywood Flawless Filter light 2. Fantastic easy highlighter, used on the high points of the face and inner corners of the eye for a ‘radiant from within’ glow.
- Charlotte Tilbury – Legendary Brows in ‘linda’. My ultimate brow gel! I have crazy eyebrows, this tiny little brush grabs onto all of the hairs and allows you to shape and shade your brows that’ll last all day.
- Le Volume De Chanel Mascara is the product I’ve definitely been raving about for at least 6 months. Everyday that I wear this product, I’m asked if my lashes are real. It gives me great volume with one coat and doesn’t smudge under my bottom lash line. Success in my books!
- Laura Mercier – Brightening Powder I don’t tend to powder my whole face, but I will use this very precious and silky smooth powder under my eyes and around my nose to set the necessary areas.
- Charlotte Tilbury – Film Star Bronze and Glow as my final product. Got to love this 2 in 1 bronze and highlight. On a daily basis I don’t contour, I use the bronzer on the tops of the cheeks, over the bridge of my nose, forehead, chin and down the neck. The highlighter goes over where the liquid highlighter was placed and over my collar bones for some added va va voom ;).
There you have it, my current go to makeup routine for everyday!