We’re well into summer in the UK now, and it’s been a hot one! Summer is all about looking fresh, radiant and glowing; I often here people say ‘I want to look like I just came off the beach’. Fortunately we can all achieve this with the power and makeup, whether you live in a busy city or suburban areas, we can all look like we were just at the beach.
Personally I’m a big fan of liquid and cream makeup products, the textures give a totally different look to the skin verses what powders would do. They’re generally products that you can easily apply and blend out with your fingers, working the product into the skin. These makeup products blend into the skin and look a lot more natural than powders.
These formulas can be particularly beneficial to people with dry skin or more mature skin types. Radiance gives the skin a youthful and plump appearance that distract from fine lines and wrinkles or dry patches; and emphasise healthy and fresh skin.
Here are some of my favourite cream products and how I use them:
- MAC Cream Colour Base – (£19) these come in a great range of shades for all skin tones. Some shades can be used as blush and others highlighters. The cream is originally stiff in its packaging and melts into a light cream texture with the heat from your fingers. These cream colours bases aren’t your stand out highlighters, These creams aren’t greasy or sticky on the skin, they blend in flawlessly and they’re easy to layer.
- Fenty Beauty Match Sticks – (£21) these sticks come in a great range of shades and difference textures; some having more of a glitter and some more of a shimmer. These are fab highlighters for people with an oily skin looking to use a cream. These match sticks have become a staple cream eyeshadow for me. Swipe a shade over your lid and blend it up to your brow bone. It’s a perfect dewy eye that everyone can wear!
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector – (£30) if you follow me on Instagram (@makeupbysarahct) you may have noticed my love for Becca highlighting products. This liquid highlighter is an incredible ‘no makeup’ makeup product. On days where I’m not wearing foundation but I want to look more alive, I take a pump of this liquid and blend it all over my face; focusing on the high points of my face. I immediately look radiant and dewy not to mention more confident. These are also lovely to put over your makeup on the high points of your face for a gorgeous glow. NOTE: if you have an oiler skin – focus the highlighter on your cheeks and not in the t-zone.
- Zoeva Cream Contour (£24.50) this palette is great, the cream to powder formula allows the products to blend into the skin, giving a naturally sculpted look. The staying power of this formula is fantastic and it works with all skin types. It’s a nice alternative to using foundation and concealer to contour with.
- Soleil Tan de Chanel – (£40) this is an absolute Chanel cult favourite product. Yes, I know it’s a bit pricey! However this cream bronzer lasts for so long, only needing the smallest amount per application. I use this product on clients and myself and I have had my most recent one for over a year; going strong. You can use this product buffed all over the face for a tanned and glowing base, or use it where the sun would naturally hit your face for a sun kissed glow. I wouldn’t recommend using this as a contour because the tone is too warm.
So there you have it, some of my favourite cream products that are fab for summer and all year round for that perfectly young and radiant skin!