If you haven’t heard of this ingredient yet, well you may be living under a rock. Hyaluronic acid is an ingredient found in many skincare products on the market today, although the whole ‘acid’ part might make you a bit squeamish and ever so slightly worried? I can assure you, this acid is the key ingredient to smooth and hydrated skin.
Let me give you some more information/reasons as to why you should be incorporating this into your daily routine, that is if you haven’t already.
What is it?
Hyaluronic Acid, or HA will commonly be seen on the right skincare ingredient lists or as more pure formulations as serums. HA naturally occurs in the human body, it works as moisture magnet to assist cells in retaining as much moisture as possible, this is what keeps your skin plump, hydrated and healthy. Applying it as an ointment onto the skin will help to hydrate the skin and maintain hydration by acting as a humectant.
NOTE: Humectant means it’s something that seals moisture into the skin.
Benefits of using Hyaluronic Acid:
“Unlike collagen, Hyaluronic Acid is able to penetrate the skin’s upper layers to improve and benefit the skin when applied topically.” – Organic Beauty and Skin
- It forms a protective layer over the skin and penetrates the dermis layer boosting hydration and elasticity of the skin.
- The more hydrated the skin is, the less fine lines and wrinkles will show up. Anyone starting to see the signs of ageing will love this!
- It contains antioxidant properties, this creates a barrier over the skin; protecting it from our heavily polluted cities.
- Everyone benefits from having more hydrated skin, it works for everyone on every skin type.
- Hyaluronic Acid is easily accessible in stores and online from a range of prices and brands, you can enjoy the benefits without breaking the bank.
If you decide to incorporate this into your skincare routine or you already have, let me know! I’d love to hear your experiences.
Love Sarah x