Acne can be a tough thing to get rid of, and definitely a thing none of us like. A lot of the time when it comes to our skin and the problems it has, we’re not looking in the right places to find the source of the problem. In some cases acne can be hormonal or due to other underlying issues, making it more complicated to get rid off. However, there’s so many things to try in your daily life before spending more money on different skincare products and the latest supplements we see all over social media.
So here’s 14 things to consider about your skin:
- Are you following a daily skincare routine?
- Do you follow a night time routine? taking off your makeup properly?
- Are you drinking enough water?
- Are you stressed?
- Do you get enough sleep?
- Do you exercise? – your skin needs it!
- Are your omega 3s higher than your omega 6s? – omega 6s are found in trans fats, fatty foods and cause inflammation.
- Have you tried upping your veggie intake? – 5 a day!
- Do you touch your face?
- How often do you change your pillow cases/sheets?
- How often do you clean your phone? – if you find you’re breaking out on one side of your face, it could be the side of your face you answer your phone with; or the side you tend to sleep on. If these still aren’t working then look into:
- Do you have a hormonal imbalance?
- Have you seen a doctor? – for more severe cases
- Do I need to go to a dermatologist? – for more severe cases
Try and make some small changes in your daily life and see if your skin changes. Remember, you are what you eat and a healthy diet never hurt anyone.