Can you believe this little green tube has been around since 1926 and it’s still a cult favorite to many? Well, it’s an item in my kit I have every day, on every single person without fail since I discovered it. It’s a makeup artist and celebrity favorite, a handbag must-have. It’s so popular, they claim one sells every 23 seconds. What is this magic cream I’m talking about? Why do you need it? Let me give you the low down.
Weleda Skin Food Original Ultra Cream – The ultimate moisturizer for dry rough skin
It’s a long title, but I’ll let that one slide. Skinfood works anywhere on the body, face, elbows, cuticles, you name it. It’s full of beautiful ingredients such as viola extract, calendula, and chamomile; added to oils and beeswax. It smells amazing! The texture of the cream is very rich, almost like a paste. The paste/cream thins down with the heat of your skin, this means you only need a very small amount. It’s calming and gentle, which is great for everyone, especially for sensitive skins.
Ways to use skin food –
- An all-over glow – apply a light layer of Weleda all over the skin for an amazing glowing radiance.
- Glass skin highlighter – pat over highpoints of the face before or after makeup for a see-through highlighted effect. TIP – excellent for male grooming and no-makeup makeup
- Dry patches – apply a tiny amount over dry patches of the face such as under eyes, around the nose or acne to avoid foundation or concealer getting patchy.
- Glossy eye – for a natural glossy eye, rub a small amount of cream in-between your ring fingers and gently pat over eyelids.
- Dry skin – apply a generous layer over dry patches of skin. Knees, elbows, heels, you name it.
- Cuticles – dry cuticles suck, they often encourage us to pick away and damage our nail beds. I love using this on everyone on set to ensure their nails look great all day.
Welda is certified by Nature, a Brussels-based nonprofit “committed to promoting and protecting natural and organic cosmetics worldwide.”
If you use this cream and have any other ways of using it, I’d love to hear about them! I love the product and hope you will too.